Castle Water is the UK’s leading independent business water supplier, providing water and wastewater services to hundreds of thousands of businesses, charities and public bodies.
As an entirely independent retailer they are committed to delivering cost reductions and quality customer care; however, several challenges threatened to compromise this promise.
- An ageing website and outdated CMS made it impossible to meet customers’ expectations to transact digitally.
- The dated payment system could not reconcile payments and reference numbers, increasing manual hours for their finance team.
- Disorganised content meant customers could not find the information they needed, causing new business acquisition and customer retention to suffer
In a competitive pitch, Castle Water selected Squiz Consulting and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) to redevelop their digital platform. Together Squiz and Castle Water designed a new web presence that aimed to
- Increase customer self service functionality
- Improve security, ensuring the safety of customer data when processing online payments
- Scale up the volume of customer transactions online to validate hundreds of transactions each week
The Squiz consulting team mapped user journeys, conducted a competitor analysis and audited Castle Water’s tech stack to build a digital strategy. This led to the delivery of
- A new website with a streamlined look and feel and simple but scalable content management
- New search functionality implemented with Funnelback to help customers find the information they need
- A new payment system able to index, filter and search across multiple data source
The first phase website launch achieved impressive results
- 400% increase in online payments within first week
- All payments now validated
Castle Water will focus on further developing its customer self service functionality in phase two of the project.