Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin (PUM) is a public, higher education institution which specialises in medical disciplines.
It conducts didactic, R&D and therapeutic activities and has earned a number of awards and distinctions. In 2009, Squiz's advanced MySource Matrix web system was implemented as part of its policy of improving service quality and openness to people from different backgrounds.
The main reasons for the actions taken were the following:
- Introduce a modern www. internet communication medium
- Refresh page layout
- Facilitate web pages editing process by enhancing editing capabilities while reducing editor’s workload
- Use open-source software
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of Polish law
- Invest in a flexible tool with great configuration capabilities
- Select software that is constantly developed by its creators (security and new opportunities in the future)
The main reasons for the new website project:
- To select a reliable, enterprise-class product used by e.g. government institutions
- To invest in a flexible tool with many configuration options
- To simplify the publishing process
- To enhance editing options
- To comply with RWD (Responsive Web Design) requirements and WCAG 2.0 AA standard (web page accessibility for persons with disabilities)