We’re looking for two Linux Application Support Engineers to join our awesome Customer Response Unit (CRU) team in London. Troubleshooting customer issues, in a predominantly Linux environment, you'll be solving complex problems using your Linux, front-end, analytical and creative thinking skills. Supporting client requests across the Squiz tech stack (CMS, CRM, Cloud, Marketing Automation, Search and Innovation) you'll deal with fluctuating traffic requirements and security issues etc..., so previous experience in a support environment and an understanding of openresty, redis, memcached, postgreSQL or similar is essential.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues arising on enterprise infrastructure
- Field incoming client support requests (phone and online), providing exceptional customer service
- Verify stability, inter-operability, and security of system architecture
- Analyze, install, modify and support operating systems, databases and software
- Troubleshoot large complex CMS implementations
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, and Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including the UK, Poland, USA, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
A Linux geek, proficient with web servers and web standards and a great communicator, you'll need:
- Proven experience in a support environment with a good understanding of web applications and how they work (e.g. openresty, redis, memcached, postgreSQL or similar)
- Strong systems and network security awareness
- To take ownership of issues from start to finish, and an ability to work independently on projects
- The ability to pick-up concepts quickly with drive to learn
- To promote cooperation and strive to improve the knowledge of the rest of the team
- To have a procedural approach to solving problems
- Excellent spoken, written and verbal English skills
- To be able to work a rotating shift as part of a structured team rotation scheme (e.g. 2 weeks Wed to Sat, followed by 2 weeks Mon to Fri, followed by 2 weeks Sun to Wed)
- Note - this is not a 24/7 on call role
Technical Skills required
- Previous Linux/UNIX administration experience
- Strong understanding of DNS
- Familiar with virtualisation concepts
- Version control: SVN or Git
- Operating Systems: CentOS, Debian or Scientific Linux
- Web Servers: Apache or Nginx
- System/Network monitoring tools: Nagios, Shinken or CollectD
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle or MySQL
Any of the following would be even better
- Strong web hosting environment experience
- Configuration management: Puppet or Ansible
- RedHat Certification
- Ability to read and write PHP
- Insight into principles of load balancing and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with a scripting/data manipulation language: Bash, Python, Awk, Perl, etc…
- Firewalls: iptables
We’re a friendly bunch, and enjoy the unique, relaxed and social environments in all our offices across the globe. We love what we do and we're confident you'll love it too...
- Structured and sensible rotation scheme
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Health and Wellbeing allowance
- Discounted BUPA healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Weekly L&D afternoons
- Friday beers, office PingPong, Playstation, Gaming and Movie nights, communal lunches and baking challenges
Keen to learn more about us - check out @LifeatSquiz
Please note that Squiz does not accept speculative CVs and will not be liable for any introduction fees, or otherwise, should we engage with any candidate speculatively submitted by an agency.