Live the start-up life with big company support!
Squiz is a global technology company founded nearly twenty years ago in Sydney, Australia. Fast forward to today, we now have offices all over Australia, New Zealand, Poland, the UK, and the US, providing digital partnerships with hundreds of customers across the globe. We do it all, equipping our clients with Search, CMS, and CRM technology.
You will be joining the highly skilled team in the newly formed New York Office as an Implementation Specialist. You will have a direct influence on the growth of the office, with plenty of opportunities to broaden your skill set and progress your career with the New York team. You’ll be far from alone though, as you will have plenty of international support from our sister offices in the UK, Poland, and the West Coast.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying tailored, real-world Search, CRM, and CMS solutions to our customers.
Day to day responsibilities
- Your bread and butter will be working closely with the Technical Director to analyze the challenges our customers and prospects face, identifying how our Search, CMS, and CRM products can help them overcome these challenges
- This will involve gathering requirements, quoting, development and deployment, testing, and daily support
- You'll also liaise with various internal and external stakeholders about technical issues and aspects, communicating these in a clear, non-technical way
- When you are out of bread and butter, you'll snack on various ad-hoc tasks such as general technical support and training, internal CMS, and CRM development, the creation and maintenance of system documentation for our infrastructure and support teams, as well as staying up to date with our products and technology partners on the newest features and latest releases
- You will also assist with pre-sales development and the configuration of demo systems, under the guidance of the Regional Director and Technical Director
At Squiz we are all about people. We prioritize work life balance, have a supportive leadership team and believe our most important asset is the people that make the business work. With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including the USA, UK, Poland, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels.
Through a combination of technology and services, our goal is empower our customers by providing the platform, tools, and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world. We're all about making great technology do even greater things.
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with our own software, Squiz Matrix CMS and Funnelback, and partner with CRM and marketing automation leaders SugarCRM and Marketo to create engaging online experiences for our customers. We also provide a broad range of professional services spanning Digital Strategy, UX, Design, Development, Training Hosting, & 24/7 Technical Support. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
You'll need to
- Be driven, intuitive, and interested in expanding your skillset beyond software engineering
- Understand the value of knowing both the “why” along with the “how”
- Be comfortable with iteration, you understand that the first solution you come up with might not be the best solution
- Think fast under pressure
- Well travelled, and an efficient packer - no time to wait around for check-in baggage!
What will help you stand out
- Proven software development experience focused on web technology
- Exposure to Linux system administration, version control, and code reviews are a plus
- Business analysis and consulting experience are a plus plus
- Great written communication skills, and ability to speak with stakeholders about technical in a non-technical way
- Just as great time management and organizational skills, such as the ability to self manage and prioritize work
We’re a friendly bunch, and enjoy the unique, relaxed and social environments in all our offices across the globe. We love what we do and we're confident you'll love it too.
- We’re a global company that will take you places, literally - Poland is lovely this time of year!
- Great culture with open, passionate, and friendly work mates
- Flexible working conditions.
- 30 days paid time off plus federal holidays, also, Summer Fridays!
- Health coverage
- Annual health & wellbeing allowance
- Choice of OS on your work Macbook
- Pantry stocked with Vegemite (yeah, it's Australian) and snacks
- Netflix and Hulu lunch breaks
- The application process will include a virtual interview, a run through of existing examples of work, a take-home assignment that includes technical questions, and an on-site interview
- This role is based in our Madison Avenue, New York office - interstate applicants may apply, but relocation costs are currently not being considered
- Applicants must have full working rights (visa sponsorship is currently not being considered)
Keen to learn more about us - check out @LifeatSquiz
Please note that Squiz does not accept speculative CVs and will not be liable for any introduction fees, or otherwise, should we engage with any candidate speculatively submitted by an agency.