Where good coffee goes, web developers will often follow here in Collingwood. If you're a passionate Mid-level Front End Developer - eager to learn, want to work with a market leading CMS and keen to develop next level websites and web applications read on...
We are SQUIZ - a global technology company and we want to grow our dev team here in Victoria. We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled front end developer to join our dev team in Collingwood. Work collaboratively with Sys Admins, Designers, UX, BA and let us foster your talents!
We're looking for:
- A superstar at HTML5/CSS3/SASS/Vanilla JS
- 2+ years Commercial experience in other CMS such as Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla etc
- Hands on experience with working on web app development projects (Experience with working in an Agile team is a bonus)
- Strong experience with Web Service integrations on a REST or SOAP basis
- Strong understanding in Git version control, not just git push and running
- Task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM scripts
- Well versed in best practice and WCAG AA standards in web development
- A solid understanding of debugging concepts in modern web browsers
- Mad organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and business acumen
- If you've got some Marketo skills, Marketing Analytics in Google and TDD (Bonus: Unit testing eg. Jasmine, Mocha) knowledge, highlight those too.
What you will have already:
- Attention to detail in every aspect!
- Committed to what you do and strive for the better and not just to get it done
- Be positive, staying positive and strong work ethics
- Ownership and love to see things through!
- Follow latest design and development trends
By now, you're probably wondering what we actually do. We build lots of different websites and solutions in government, finance, higher education sectors, just to mention a few. It's not just Squiz Matrix CMS you'll also be using other tech such as a Funnelback (our leading-edge search and insight engine), SugarCRM and Marketing Automation tool - Marketo.
We've also got a lot of existing clients that will need support too. Every day is different, but what is constant is we work hard but have a lot of fun doing it. At the end of the week, we will unwind, grab a drink from the fridge or a coffee from the machine and enjoy it over some ping pong and have a laugh. We've also got lots of other perks worth mentioning too but let's save it for the chat when you come in.
We are made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love challenging the status quo. If this sounds like you, tell us why this role should be yours.
Hope to see you soon. If you have some work you’re proud of, we would love to see that too!