In this course you will gain a basic understanding of Web Accessibility and how to assess, evaluate and apply Accessibility guidelines to your Web content using the Squiz Matrix Edit+ interface. You will also learn how to use and understand the Squiz Matrix Accessibility Auditor Tool.
Topics covered in this course:
- What is Digital Accessibility and Why is it Important?
- Understanding WCAG 2.0. Concepts and Benefits
- Thinking about your users - Accessibility simulations and analysis.
- Understanding Disabilities - Sensory, Cognitive, Physical and Psychological
- Creating Accessible:
- How to use the Squiz Matrix Accessibility Auditor tool to check content accessibility
- Accessibility Across different Platforms
- Things to Consider for the Future
Duration: 1 day
Training Units: 2
Squiz recommends the following prerequisites:
- Good computer knowledge including the use of a Browser
- Completion of the EPM101 Edit+ for Squiz Matrix course would be useful
Courses are regularly scheduled according to demand and are confirmed to run once minimum numbers have been met. Custom courses can be arranged if you require a specific date or custom content. You may also be eligible for a discount if you have several people for the same class. Talk to your Squiz Account Manager or use the form below to contact us about your training requirements.