In this course you will gain a basic understanding of Web Accessibility and how to assess, evaluate and apply Accessibility guidelines to your Web content using the Squiz Matrix Edit+ interface. You will also learn how to use and understand the Squiz Matrix Accessibility Auditor Tool.
Topics covered in this course:
- What is Digital Accessibility and Why is it Important?
- Understanding WCAG 2.0. Concepts and Benefits
- Thinking about your users - Accessibility simulations and analysis.
- Understanding Disabilities - Sensory, Cognitive, Physical and Psychological
- Creating Accessible:
- How to use the Squiz Matrix Accessibility Auditor tool to check content accessibility
- Accessibility Across different Platforms
- Things to Consider for the Future
Duration: 1 day
Training Units: 2
Squiz recommends the following prerequisites:
- Good computer knowledge including the use of a Browser
- Completion of the EPM101 Edit+ for Squiz Matrix course would be useful