The Server Administration course is intended for clients who want to know how to implement and manage a Squiz Matrix CMS system. It is an advanced course only suitable for skilled people who will play a System/Server administrator role.
As the course is not currently scheduled, please contact your account manager or contact the training team!
This course focuses on topics such as:
- Hardware Baselines - this includes page views, rollback, concurrent editors, caching, content, number of assets, benchmarking, improving system performance and virtual environments
- Basic System Security - this includes server, Apache, PostgreSQL and monitoring logs
- Install Prerequisites - this includes, Linux (Red Hat), PHP, Apache, PostgreSQL, PEAR and maintenance tasks
- Matrix Basic - this includes root directory, configuration files, PostgreSQL performance and kernel settings
- Installation Process - this includes checking prerequisites and installation
- Understanding Matrix DB Structure - this includes main tables, cache system and lock table.
- Scripts - this includes the scripts in the main scripts directory, import scripts and package scripts.
- Maintenance tasks
- Troubleshooting - this includes PHP memory settings and Squiz Server memory settings.
- Upgrading Matrix Installations
Duration: 2 days
Training Units: 4
Assessment: Exam with theory and practical components
All attendees must have a sound knowledge of, and be able to configure, server hardware to function as a web server with the following software components:
- Red Hat Linux
- PHP 5.0