The Digital Account Manager role is a mix of both technical leadership and account management. A successful candidate will develop existing accounts and create new opportunities by understanding client’s business problems and will work with them to develop digital solutions. This role is very much a “hit the ground running” type of position. While you will be given the tools and support for success, a personal passion to achieve and grow professionally is a requirement, which will be rewarded with further opportunities along the way.
Day to day, you will:
- Find opportunities to cement the Squiz footing within client relationships and create future business plans
- Continue your learning on the products and services Squiz offers including how they integrate together to provide digital solutions
- Offer strategic consultation to clients on business challenges/opportunities – this can be accomplished through your own experience or by harnessing the breadth of skills within the company
- Focus on the overarching vision the client wants to achieve while steering the course of the detail it takes to get there
- Digest and utilise industry research from other parts of the business to stay on top of industry trends relevant to your client base
A bit about you
While Squiz’ industry base spans numerous verticals, the ideal person for this role will need to learn about each of their clients’ particular industry and understand what business challenges and opportunities they face regularly. Things you will need to understand about each client include, but are not limited to:
- Future plans – being “in the know” of what the future holds for a client’s strategic plan is vastly important to understanding how Squiz can help and build long term relationships
- Organisation structure – to enable building of an account elevation plan
- Procurement processes – making sure Squiz navigates these efficiently and comply
What should your past experience look like?
While we are looking for an account manager, we aren’t narrowing our search to candidates with only that background. In fact, an ideal candidate would likely have a background in marketing and/or technology. Why, you may ask... It’s easy. Most of our client contacts consist of either marketing or IT professionals. As such, having past experience in one or both of these fields will uniquely set you up for success. Squiz offers a very comprehensive suite of services and past experience with some or all will come in handy and reduce your learning curve.
Our ideal candidate can’t be too intimidated or shy away from sticky situations. These types of scenarios (scope creep, misunderstandings, etc.) are bound to happen in any vendor/client relationship and we are looking for someone capable of handling anything that comes their way.
Lastly, please note that when you walk into Squiz, be sure to check your ego at the door. We want AMs that are happy to have honest conversations about real solutions and not sell fluff to our clients. Furthermore, we want AMs that value every person in the organisation and have respect for what they have to offer our clients. From time to time, we all need to roll our sleeves up and pitch in. Whether that means helping with a tender response, performing administrative functions or unloading the dishwasher, it’s something you need to be comfortable with.
Just a bit more on what we’re looking for from you:
- Excellent networking skills to foster existing, and develop new professional relationships
- Ability to identify potential opportunities or issues before they arise and act proactively on them
- Proven client relationship management experience with the ability to manage large scale clients with multiple stakeholders and individual clients within a singular account
- Good business acumen and strategic account development skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including exemplary presentation skills
- Resourceful and solutions focused
- Process driven with a good eye for detail
- Comfortable working with a team as well autonomously
- A background in mar/tech – web development, business analysis or similar and/or website management, marketing (digital or otherwise)
Working with Squiz will grant you the opportunity to influence client relationships and provide strategic consultation, whilst thinking outside the box and looking to enhance the way our clients perceive and utilise digital media.
With real growth potential we need a strategic thinker, someone who will influence business and be responsible for creating success stories that we can shout about. If that’s you, we want to hear from you. Rather than sending us a boring old cover, make it fun. Tell us about who you are, what you like doing and how you think you embody what we’re looking for.
- We offer 30 days leave annually (yes 30!) and a Healthy Living Allowance annually
- Fully stocked kitchen in cool CBD office space
- Check us out on Twitter: LifeatSquiz
Any questions? feel free to reach out and email me firstname.lastname@example.org