You will be working with a national R&D team of senior software developers with years of experience across the industry out of a vibrant and modern office in the heart of West End in Brisbane.
Under the guidance of the Product Manager, you will be working on the next big version of Squiz’s internationally acclaimed, Gartner Magic Quadrant and Ovum recognised, enterprise Web Experience Management (WEM) platform, Squiz Matrix.
You will help re-define the product and design and develop new and improved user interfaces using industry leading technologies and frameworks such as SCSS, jQuery, React, HTML5, and much more.
You will work as the main frontend and User Interface (UI) developer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
You’ll be taking a leading role to help re-define and innovate the frontend user experience of a software product used by thousands of users every day, all over the world.
In addition to that, you will help and support the various business areas of the Company including Sales, Marketing, Support, and Production with opportunities to fly interstate and internationally on several occasions throughout the year.
What you already have:
- Proven experience of frontend User Interface development and design for web applications or SaaS solutions;
- 5+ years in a similar role;
- Exceptional HTML5 and CSS3 development skills (Cutup of WCAG2 AA accessible designs);
- A practiced understanding and execution of responsive design, CSS Media Queries, and SCSS compiling and management of CSS files;
- Exceptional knowledge and wide experience with JS frameworks (e.g. jQuery, Angular, React, Vue, Backbone);
- Great experience using module builders (e.g. Node, Webpack);
- Exceptional knowledge and wide experience with CSS and HTML pre-processors (e.g. SCSS, LESS, Grunt/Gulp);
- Strong experience with Git (GitLab and GitHub);
- Experience and knowledge of the LAPP software stack and using the CLI;
- Basic experience using graphic design software such as Photoshop, Sketch, and Illustrator;
- In depth understanding of current industry development best practices;
- Superb user interface design & development skills with a high attention to detail;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, especially for product documentation purposes and software version releases;
- You'll be smart, inquisitive, and have a love for great design and technology;
- A hunger for creating unique, rich, functional and innovative user experiences for the web;
- A passion to keep up to date on current industry trends and technologies; and
- A desire to share knowledge and experience through mentoring more junior developers within the team, but also other production front-end developers within the Company on the tools and features of the product.
If you also have any of the extra skills below, we’re already impressed!
- Previous experience with developing frontend UI features for WEM/CMS software;
- Great understanding of Web Accessibility (WCAG) and Semantic HTML.
- Understanding of namespace methodologies such as BEM, ITCSS, OOCSS, and Atom.
- A TDD methodology and experience with JS testing frameworks/automated test suites;
- PHP scripting experience and basic database programming understanding (PostgreSQL in particular);
- Experience with Squiz Matrix or any other similar CMS products; and
- Familiar with integration solutions and Web Service APIs, such as XML, REST, JSON, SOAP.
The characteristics of the person we are looking for are:
- Has great communication skills and the ability to seek help and advice when needed;
- Not afraid to stand up for what you believe in;
- An innovator and a collaborator; and
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously and enjoys socialising with workmates.
Benefits of working for Squiz:
- Healthy living allowance
- Competitve salary packaging
- Flexible workplace culture and environment
- Global mobility opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative management team
- An ever-evolving pro-learning environment
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Recreational equipment including darts, ping pong, arcade machine, and a pool table
- Check us out on Twitter: @lifeatsquiz
We’re just looking for people invested in the workings and the aesthetics - the art and the science! Most of all we are looking for a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and a sense of the possible.
Ideally, we’d love someone to tick all the boxes above, but if you’re not quite there yet, for the right person, we’re willing to get you the rest of the way. Does that connect with you? If yes, we'd love to talk!