1. Support Offerings
All Customers have Standard Support included with their Subscription Services at no additional charge. Some Customers have purchased the Premium Support upgrade. The inclusions for the two are set out in Exhibit 2.
To avoid doubt the Support and Service Levels in this Support Agreement do not apply where Squiz is not providing hosting (either through SaaS or Dedicated Hosting).
2. Nominated Contacts
Customers’ Nominated Contacts shall be responsible for:
- overseeing the Customer’s support case activity;
- developing and deploying troubleshooting processes within Customer’s organization;
- approving paid services;
- submitting and/or approving, on behalf of Customer, any account level requested changes/updates; and
- developing and deploying troubleshooting processes within Customer’s organization.
- are knowledgeable about the applicable Services in order to help resolve, and to assist Squiz in analyzing and resolving, technical issues; and
- have a basic understanding of any problem that is the subject of a case, and the ability to reproduce the problem in order to assist Squiz in diagnosing and triaging it.
3. Support and Availability for Subscription Services
The below is the support and availability included with all Subscription Services. Where there is a difference between Standard Support and Premium Support or a particular Subscription Service has different level of support or availability these will be noted.
All Customers are provided with onboarding and set up assistance. This includes:
- In Product Onboarding Tours
- Onboarding Assistance to a capped number of hours
Details of the onboarding provided under Standard Support and Premium Support are set out in Exhibit 2.
Less than 95.0%
For Subscription Services provided as SaaS, all updates are included in the fees for the Subscription Services. These updates include the Customer’s access and application of Major Releases. These will be applied automatically. Where possible a Customer will be provided with advance notice, however Squiz makes no guarantees or representations that prior notice will be provided. A Customer cannot opt out of receiving updates.
For a Customer with Subscription Services provided through Dedicated Hosting the upgrade service, is not included in the Subscription Services. The purchase of a Dedicated Hosting Upgrade and Maintenance service is required. Squiz will provide Customers with Dedicated Hosting with upgrade services if that is specified in the Order Form.
- Submitting a Case
- Telephone Support
- available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week for P1 and P2 issues;
- available during Business Hours for P3 and P4 issues; and
- available during Business Hours for any other Service Requests.
- Priority Help Desk Response Time
Squiz guarantees that it will use reasonable endeavours to contact and inform the Customer’s Nominated Contacts of progress in resolving an Incident within the Response Time Target below. Customers with Premium Support are guaranteed a response within the Response Time Guarantee.
Response Time Target
Response Time Guarantee
Critical production issue affecting all Users, including system unavailability and data integrity issues with no workaround available.
Major functionality is impacted or performance is significantly degraded. Issue is persistent and affects many Users and/or major functionality. No reasonable workaround is available.
System performance issue or bug affecting some but not all Users. Short-term workaround is available, but not scalable.
1 Business Day
Inquiry regarding a routine technical issue; information requested on application capabilities, navigation, installation or configuration; bug affecting a small number of users. Reasonable workaround available. Resolution required as soon as reasonably practicable
2 Business Days
1 Business Day
The Customer acknowledges that Squiz must be able to reproduce any errors or Incidents in order to resolve them. Customer agrees to cooperate and work closely with Squiz to reproduce errors, including conducting diagnostic or troubleshooting activities as requested and appropriate.
5. Dedicated Hosted Subscription Differences to SaaS
Where Subscription Services are provided on Dedicated Hosting the following apply:
- Updates are not included in the Subscription Services. The purchase of a Dedicated Hosting Upgrade and Maintenance service is required. Squiz will provide Customers with Dedicated Hosting with upgrade services if that is specified in the Order Form.
- Squiz Edge is available, and will be included if specified in the Order Form. This provides Squiz Matrix with an uptime of 99.99%.
6. No Additional Support or Services unless stated
If an item or service is not stated in this Support and Service Level Annexure (including Exhibit 3), the Order Form or SOW it is not included and will not be provided unless agreed otherwise in writing.
7. Changes to Support
8. Change Management and Communications
- Patch Releases for Products: Customer will be notified when maintenance window is complete;
- Emergency Releases: Squiz will make use of Status Page to notify Customer of timing of any emergency releases
- Unannounced System Maintenance: The Support team will evaluate whether any unannounced system maintenance is likely to adversely impact Customer and, if so, will notify Customer’s Nominated Contacts promptly after such evaluation is complete.
Exhibit 1: Definitions
Business Hours means the hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm on a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or a national public holiday in the Squiz region where the Customer’s account is registered.
Customer means the entity specified in the order or statement of work purchasing the Subscription Services
Defect means a failure of the Subscription Services to meet in all material respects the functionality described in the Documentation
Documentation means, in respect of any Subscription Service, any technical and user information relating to or provided with that Subscription Service that we publish or provide to you (which may include being included as part of an order or sow).
Error Rate means: (i) the total number of internal server errors returned by Subscription Services as error status “InternalError” or “ServiceUnavailable” divided by (ii) the total number of requests for the applicable request type during that five minute interval in a given SQUIZ region. We will calculate the Error Rate for each Subscription Services account as a percentage for each five minute interval in the monthly period. The Error Rate calculation will not include errors that arise directly or indirectly as a result of any of the Subscription Services SLA Exclusions.
Help Desk means Squiz’s help desk facility, details of which are specified in the Schedule, for the receipt, processing and management of Incidents reported by the Customer, and Service Requests.
Incident means the occurrence of a Defect in the Subscription Services
Major Releases means a new version of Subscription Services denoted by an increase of two (2) in the second set of digits in the version number. For example, a Major Release is from 3.20.18 to 3.22.0
Monthly Period is a calendar month.
Monthly Uptime Percentage is calculated by subtracting from 100% the average of the Error Rates from each five minute interval in a Monthly Period during which time your services are in active operation and excludes any time that the services are subject to:
- Planned Outage;
- Outages caused by third parties and external forces including Squiz partners
- factors outside of Squiz’s reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of Squiz;
- Non-compliance with the Squiz Policies, including the Acceptable Use Policy;
- Arising from the suspension or termination of your Squiz Services.
Planned Outage means an outage which Squiz has notified the Customer of in advance (this can be by electronic notice)
Priority means the urgency of a service request as set out in this document.
Response Time Guarantee means the guarantee to respond to Service Request in a particular time period based on its priority.
Service Commitment means the use of commercially reasonable efforts to make Subscription Services available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage for each Squiz region, during any monthly period, of at least 99.9%
Service Credit is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible Subscription Services account.
Service Request is a request for assistance that is not an Incident.
SLA Credit means time credited to Service Hours valued at one (1) credit per hour with a monetary equivalent of the standard rate and is claimable only if the Customer has valid Service Hours available for Squiz to add such SLA Credits.
Squiz means the Squiz entity specified in the order or statement of work selling the Subscription Services.
Subscription Services means the subscriptions (including any add-ons) purchased by the Customer in the order or statement of work.
Update means an update to the Subscription Services and includes patches, bug fixes and security patches
Users has the same meaning as the General Terms and Conditions
Exhibit 2: Standard and Premium inclusions
Nominated Product Administrators
In Product Onboarding Tours
Dedicated CSM During Onboarding
Self Help Product Support
Community Support Forums
Support Portal (MySquiz)
Support Team access
Monitoring & Incident Management
Phone Support - Incident reporting
P1, P2: 24/7
Incident Response Times
Production Application Down (P1)
Serious Degradation (P2)
Moderate Impact (P3)
1 Bus Day
Limited Impact (P4)
2 Bus Day
1 Bus day
Service Commitment (Uptime)
Specialist Services Team
Services Team Priority
Customer Support Portal