- Legal compliance
The usage of Cloud Hosting Services must comply with current laws and regulations including but not limited to regulations pertaining to copyright, license agreements and patents.
- Ethical use
Customers' use of Cloud Hosting Services should be ethical and in accordance with accepted community standards.
- Use must be consistent with the purpose of Cloud Hosting Services
In addition to the other requirements of this AUP, the Cloud Hosting Service may be used only in a manner that, in Squiz's sole discretion, is consistent with the purposes of such Cloud Hosting Services. Squiz's services are specifically designed for and can only be utilised for standard business use.
- Adherence to Terms and Conditions
The use of Squiz Cloud Hosting Services must adhere to rules and regulations in Squiz's Cloud Hosting Agreement.
Hosting Service shall not be used to post, transmit, re-transmit or store material which, in the judgment of Squiz:
- Violates local, state, federal, foreign, or international Law;
- Could be considered threatening, obscene, indecent, defamatory or that otherwise could adversely affect any individual, group or entity;
- Amounts to deceptive or fraudulent practices;
- Infringes the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and patents.
- Restricts or inhibits any person, whether a customer, Squiz, or otherwise, in its use or enjoyment of Squiz's Cloud Hosting Services;
- Advertises, transmits, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Acceptable Use Policy, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, denial of service attacks, and any piracy of software or copyrighted content.
- Sending unsolicited bulk messages (spam), via any means, including, but not limited to, email, instant messenger services, and newsgroup postings. Squiz reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion and based on the information available what constitutes spam as well as what measures are necessary in response to spamming complaints;
- Sending solicited bulk messages, including but not limited to, the utilisation of services not designed to manage this functionality or any such actions which Squiz deems to potentially compromise or adversely affect service standards; or
- The engagement of Cloud Hosting Services to promote deceptive and or illegal marketing practices, products or services.
System and Network
The Squiz Cloud Hosting Service shall not be used to:
- Deliberately transmit computer viruses, worms, trojan software, or other malicious programs;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or deny service including, but not limited to, using any technique to intentionally degrade or disable the delivery of any legitimate data;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized entry to any site or network including, but not limited to, executing any form of network probing, monitoring or other information gatherings on any 3rd party network or system;
- Attempt to circumvent host or user authentication or other security measures of any host, network or account; or
- Manipulate or bypass Squiz's usage limits.
Squiz Cloud Hosting Service shall not be used to:
- Send unsolicited mail messages;
- Service resale. The Squiz Cloud Hosting Service or any portion of Squiz Cloud Hosting Service cannot be resold unless authorized by Squiz in an executed reseller agreement.
- Allow harassment including, but not limited to, language, frequency or size of messages;
- Forge or illegitimately use mail header information;
- Create or forward "chain letters" or other "schemes" of any type; or
- For the use of unsolicited E-mail originating from within Squiz's network, on behalf of, or to advertise any service hosted by Squiz, or connected via Squiz's network.
- Password Protection
The Customer is responsible for protecting passwords and for any authorized or unauthorized use of its systems and/or networks. All actions resulting from passwords being compromised will remain the sole responsibility of the Customer
- Content Protection
The Customer must provide appropriate protection to prevent minors (persons under 18 years of age) from accessing any unsuitable material published via the Squiz Cloud Hosting Service.
- Content Ownership
The Customer is responsible for all content or information residing on, obtained or transmitted via the Squiz Cloud Hosting Service.
Violation of this AUP may subject the Customer to international, federal, and/or state civil and/or criminal liability. Any activity that facilitates a violation of this AUP by any party constitutes a violation of this AUP by the Customer.
- Service Suspension
Squiz reserves the right to immediately, and without prior notice, filter, block, suspend, and/or terminate access to the Service at any time for any conduct that Squiz, in its sole discretion, determines violates, or may violate, this AUP and/or any Agreement, or is otherwise harmful to Squiz's interests or the interests of others.
- Deletion of Customer Data
If access is terminated, Squiz, in its sole discretion, may refuse to accept all attempts to access services hosted on behalf of the Customer by Squiz.